Stuffed leg of mutton
Stuffed leg of muttonChef: Giorgio Barchiesi (Giorgione)
Time: 10 min of preparation, 30 min of cooking
Type of Cooking:Baked
Doses for: 1 people
Ingredients for Stuffed leg of mutton
- 1 mutton leg
- 1 slice of lard
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of fennel
- 1 branch of rosemary
- Some sage leaves
- 1 lemon zest
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 drop of white wine
- I went to Tempera da Secondino Moro to see more about the mutton, an animal that has a fatter and abundant dog than that of sheep, ideal for skewers.
- Here I have remedied a leg and I want to ennoble it with a super roast.
- First we debon it, using only the central part (with the cutouts we will make a sauce).
- We open the piece of dog with a knife and we do it with a chopped slice of lard, a hint of fennel, a small piece of red garlic from Sulmona, two sage leaves, a rosemary floret, a lemon zest, a pinch of coarse salt.
- A sprinkling of pepper and we roll up the leg, closing it with a string and placing it in a pan lined with phono paper.
- We season with a drop of oil, a trifle of white wine, fennel, sage, rosemary and two juniper berries.
- We cut the surface of the leg with a blade and fire.
- Once ready, we wait for it to cool down a bit, slice and serve, along with a little of its bottom.