Spaghetti with cuttlefish
Spaghetti with cuttlefishChef:
Difficulty: For the more experienced
Type of Cooking:
Ingredients for Spaghetti with cuttlefish
- 320 g of fusilli (or spaghetti)
- 2 good sized cuttlefish
For the cuttlefish infusion:
- wings, tentacles and cuttlefish waste
- 1 coppery onion
- 1 hot pepper
For the cuttlefish butter:
- 100 g of butter
- cuttlefish infusion waste
For lemon butter:
- 100 g of butter
- 2 lemons
- 1 bunch of basil
For the finish:
- extra virgin olive oil
- the pockets of cuttlefish ink
- wild herbs and flowers
- algae powder
- plastic food sheets
- Clean the cuttlefish, removing bone and bowels. Hold the black pouch and the liver, separate the head from the body, set aside the tentacles, wings and hard appendages in a bowl, in the refrigerator.
- Dry the body carefully and put it in the fridge, it will be beaten with a knife.
- For the cuttlefish infusion.
- In a pan place the cuttlefish wings with a little coarse salt, scald them in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the excess salt, then dry the wings, always in the oven, at 70 degrees for about an hour. In a cast iron pot, cook the onion mince, add the scraps and tentacles, making them brown for 10 minutes.
- Add a liter of water and continue cooking over very low heat for an hour. Infuse the cuttlefish wings and chili pepper in the hot broth for 20 minutes.
- Strain the broth, keeping the waste aside. For the cuttlefish butter.
- Blend the butter with the infusion waste.
- Freeze in a pacojet container.
- For the lemon butter. Blend the butter with the juice and zest of some lemons and basil leaves. Freeze in a pacojet container.
- For finishing.
- Cook the pasta for 2 minutes in boiling water, then finish cooking in the cuttlefish infusion.
- When creaming, add a spoonful of cuttlefish butter and one of lemon butter and, lastly, add the cuttlefish ink.
- Arrange the spaghetti on a serving plate, decorating with flowers, wild herbs, seaweed powder and a little cuttlefish beaten with a knife.