Savory Pie with Burrata and Anchovies
he savory pie with burrata and anchovies is a delicious and tasty light main course. It is also a valid option for lunch in the office or a picnic outdoors! If cut into small pieces, it can become a tasty finger food that can be served during a buffet or an aperitif. Its very easy to make even for the less experienced. The ingredients you will need to prepare this delicious savory pie with are a bit peculiar but the burrata and anchovies make for great taste and quality. The burrata is nothing more than a wrapper of pasta filata that encloses a heart of stracciatella, or strips of mozzarella and fresh cream. It is quite common in Puglia to prepare it this way.. This cheese is so versatile that you can add it everywhere such as on a first course, in tasty snacks, and even on pizza!
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- 1 Egg
- 300 g Burrata
- 3 Tablespoons Yogurt (White or Greek)
- 125 g Butter
- Anchovies (Fillets in Oil) To Taste
- 250 g Flour
- 75 ml Water (Cold)
- Chives To Taste
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Begin to prepare the bris pasta by working in a planetary mixer or a mixer with the cold butter until the mixture is sandy. Add a teaspoon of salt, water (cold), and mix again until you get a smooth and compact dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes or 15 minutes in the freezer.
- In the meantime, remove the stracciatella from the burrata (the inside, soft part) and set it aside, then chop the outer part and pour it into a bowl all together with the yogurt, chives, egg, salt and pepper. Mix until the mixture is well blended.
- Take the bris pasta, roll it out with a rolling pin and cover the cake pan, previously greased and floured.
- Prick the bottom with the tines of a fork and fill the base with the prepared mixture.
- Bake at 180 °C for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and fill with stracciatella and well-drained anchovy fillets. Bake again for another 20 minutes.
- Take the pie out of the oven, let it cool and serve warm or cold.