- Difficulty: Easy
- Average Time: 30 min of preparation, 25 min of cooking
- Type of Cooking: Baked in the oven, Pan
- Doses for: 6 people
- 500gr of shortcrust pastry
- 600gr of chopped yellow pumpkin and the seeds cleaned from the filaments
- ¼ spoonful of ground nutmeg
- ¼ spoonful of ground ginger
- ¼ spoonful of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 6 spoons of brown sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 200ml cream
- To prepare the Pumpkin Pie to preheat the oven to 200 °.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and put it in a buttered baking tray about 22 cm long.
- Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Place the pumpkin pieces on a baking tray, sprinkle them with nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and sprinkle with maple syrup.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes, reducing the oven temperature to 180 °.
- Leave to cool. Blend the pumpkin until it becomes a puree and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and eggs. Mix well. Fill the pastry base with the mixture obtained and cook for about 45 minutes on low heat.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds sprinkled with the remaining sugar, put them in the oven with the cake for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out the pumpkin pie and put the cooled seeds on top. Serve the pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream.