Pasta with Tomatoes, Burrata, Lemon and Anchovies
This is a simple pasta -- one that we love to prepare when we are having lunch at home and we want to treat ourselves well. In this recipe, there is a special twist to it, because of the minced anchovies, aromatic herbs, walnuts, and lemon peel. We use lemon peel to give it the last touch before bringing it to the table. Remember to choose also an excellent burrata, it will make a huge difference.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 300 g Tomatoes
- 200 g Whole Grain Linguine
- 200 g Burrata
- 50 g Walnuts
- 4 Anchovy Fillets in Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Herbs (Oregano, Marjoram, Thyme)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Drizzle oil in a pan with two cloves of garlic, add the herbs and whole tomatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook the tomatoes stirring them from time to time until they start to break, then add salt. Break the tomatoes with a spoon, remove the skin, and then add a dash of pasta cooking water to make a base for seasoning the pasta.
- Meanwhile prepare a mixture of anchovies, herbs, walnuts, and grated lemon peel.
- Cook the pasta, drain it while it's still a little bit hard and pour it directly into the pan with the tomatoes. Add plenty of oil and saut until creamy and add more cooking water if necessary.
- Serve the linguine with two tablespoons of burrata, add the fresh herbs, and a dash of pepper. You wont be able to resist this dish!
For more recipes, Read Burrata House blogs!