Panna cotta with basil
Chef: Andrea Golino
Time: 15 min of preparation, 0 min of cooking
Type of Cooking: None
Doses for: 15 people
- 1 l of fresh cream
- 200 g of milk
- 100 g of sugar
- 10 g of gelatin
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and icing sugar
In the infusion, also use the stems of the basil, not only the leaves: the sap that flows there releases a splendid aroma to the milk.
- Typical salty ingredients in a great classic dessert: I use this preparation as an amuse-bouche, not as a real dessert.
- Heat the cream, milk, sugar and the small bunch of basil in a saucepan over low heat.
- We do not boil, filter in a colander and dissolve the gelatin well in the hot liquid, which we have already soaked in cold water.
- We pour into the chosen molds - I use shot glasses -, let them cool and put in the fridge overnight.
- We prepare the decoration: we peel the tomato with the tomato peeler, obtaining strips of peel, which we caramelize in the oven at low temperature with a drizzle of oil, a pinch of salt and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
- We decorate each glass with candied tomato peel, a fried basil leaf and serve.