Jerusalem artichoke gnocchi with clams sauce and pumpkin seed powder
Jerusalem artichoke gnocchi with clams sauce and pumpkin seed powderChef: Cassanelli
Type of Cooking:
Doses for: 4 People
Ingredients for Jerusalem artichoke gnocchi with clams sauce and pumpkin seed powder
- 300 g of Jerusalem artichoke
- 200 g of potatoes
- 120 g of potato starch
- 20 g of egg yolk
- lemon zest For the clams sauce: 500 g of clams
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 slice of ginger
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest For the pepper foam
- 225 g of chickpea water
- 5 g of anchovy sauce
- 1 g of black pepper
- Lemon peel
- 200 g pumpkin seeds
- 10 g of salicornia
For the gnocchi:
- cook the potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes in coarse salt for about 2 hours.
- Once peeled, pass them to the vegetable pass and, keeping the mixture warm, mix it with the starch, the yolk and season it with salt, pepper and grated lemon peel.
- With the help of the starch, form long cylinders and cut them regularly 2 cm long.
- For the clams: let them purge for two hours in salted water, then brown the ginger, garlic and parsley in the EVO oil.
- Pour the clams and cover so that they open with their own steam. Shell them and filter the cooking water.
- For the pumpkin seed powder: toast them in the oven at 160 ° C for 6 minutes and once cooled, blend them to make them powder.
- For the pepper foam: whip all the ingredients until the mixture is frothy. Blanch the salicornia.
To complete the dish:
- cook the gnocchi in boiling water, once they rise to the surface, drain them in the saucepan where the water from the clams had previously been reduced.
- Stir in EVO oil and lemon peel and finish with clams.
- Composition: arrange the gnocchi on the plate and sprinkle them with pumpkin seed powder, add the salicornia and the pepper foam.