Chef: Giorgio Barchiesi
Time: 5 min of preparation, 5 min of cooking
Type of Cooking: Frying
- 500 g of agoni
- 3 heaped spoons of flour
- peanut oil for frying
- We wash the agoni which must be very fresh because the freshwater fish, unlike those of the sea that keep a few days, "zomp" immediately.
- We dry them, pour into a bowl, season with pepper and salt, add the flour and shake well to make it stick everywhere.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the agoni, a few at a time, otherwise the temperature will drop and there will be a boil.
- They will cook in an instant: the boiling oil must give it a beat and stiffen them.
- They will be ready when frying loses intensity because water is no longer released from the inside of the fibers; that's the time to stop, drain the agoni, pour them on the straw paper and season with a little coarse salt.
- It is said that fried everything is good, even the soles of the shoes ... but the fish ... mmm!