Bari-style focaccia bread
Bari-style focaccia breadChef:
Type of Cooking:
Ingredients for Bari-style focaccia bread
- 500 g of flour
- 400 g of new potatoes
- 1 nut of fresh brewer's yeast
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water.
- When they are tender, drain them keeping the cooking water and pass them through the potato masher, letting them fall into a large bowl.
- Let them cool and mix the diluted yeast in a cup of slightly warm water (the one used to cook the potatoes).
- Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon and, continuing to mix, add the flour a little at a time and, if necessary, a little more water to obtain a very soft dough.
- Work it vigorously with the spoon for about ten minutes until it detaches from the walls of the bowl.
- Grease the oven plate and roll out the dough, leveling out the thickness.
- Brush the surface of the focaccia with oil and distribute the cherry tomatoes divided in half.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place for about an hour until bubbles form in the dough and the cherry tomatoes, due to the leavening effect, are almost sunk into the dough.
- Grease the surface again, sprinkle with the oregano and a pinch of salt and bake at 220 °, continuing cooking for about 40 minutes until the focaccia is high and well colored.