Baked Aubergines with Burrata
Baked aubergines with burrata are a tasty, rich and tasty preparation to serve as a vegetarian dish, appetizer or a single dish in the weekly menu for the whole family. Simple and quick to make, the vegetables are the protagonists, which must be, for optimal success, very fresh and in season.
Baked aubergines with Burrata will delight all palates, including the very demanding ones of children, who will appreciate them for their delicacy: if you are looking for ideas to encourage them to eat more fresh, seasonal ingredients, baked aubergines with Burrata do for you! You can serve them on all special occasions.
You can vary the ingredients of this recipe by inserting different vegetables.. everything that your imagination suggests!
- 4 Eggplants
- 300 g Burrata
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 40 g Pitted Green Olives
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Dried Oregano
- 1 Pinch Chili Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut the aubergines in half then cut the pulp all around the peel, leaving about 1 cm around the edge. With a spoon, remove the pulp and leave 1 cm of pulp on the bottom. Sprinkle the shells with a little salt and place them upside down in a strainer.
- Then, finely chop the garlic, the eggplant pulp, tomatoes, and olives into small pieces. Put everything in a large bowl, season with about half a dose of oil, a pinch of salt, and chili pepper.
- Cut the outer part of the burrata into small pieces, transfer it to the bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of oregano and mix the ingredients together.
- Rinse the aubergines and dry them with a paper towel. Put them on a baking dish and cover with baking paper. Then brush them with a little oil-- use a spoon and fill them with the mixture.
- Place the aubergines in the oven at 356 °F and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven, add the creamy inner part of the burrata inside them and put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Then proceed to remove the stuffed aubergines from the oven, top with some fresh basil leaves and serve!
- Baked aubergines are usually better when eaten right away, but you can also eat them the day after you have prepared them. Just let them cool down and keep in the fridge. Then heat them in the oven at 356 °F for about 5 minutes, leave them for another few minutes and then serve them: they will be excellent even warm.
For more recipes, Read Burrata House blogs!