Apulian snapperChef: Massimiliano Mariola
Time: 30 min of preparation, 40 min of cooking
Type of Cooking: Baked
Doses for: 4 People
Ingredients for Apulian snapper
- 1 fresh red snapper weighing about 1 kg
- 800 g of yellow and compact potatoes
- 70 g of grated pecorino cheese
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3 mm thick slices. Rinse them several times and dry them in a tea towel.
- With the appropriate tool or with the blade of a knife, clean the red snapper from the scales.
- Also remove the gills and, with sturdy scissors, cut the fins all around then empty the fish after making a cut from the head to the anal opening. Wash it under running water, dry it and flavor it with salt and pepper also internally.
- Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop them with a handful of parsley.
- Pour half of the oil on the bottom of an oval baking dish slightly larger than the snapper and distribute half of the chopped parsley.
- Cover with half of the potatoes, salt and sprinkle with half of the pecorino.
- Place the fish on the potatoes, sprinkle it with the rest of the parsley and pecorino and cover it completely with the other half of the potatoes.
- Season them with salt and pepper, sprinkle them with oil and put the dish in the oven previously heated to 200 °.
- Leave to cook for about 40 minutes and, if the potatoes tend to burn, cover the dish with aluminum foil for the last ten minutes.
- Serve hot in the same cooking container.